CVEC Class Schedule for Fall 2021
September 13 – November 5, 2021
(Registration processing begins August 23, 2021)
PLEASE NOTE: STUDENTS TAKING CLASSES IN PERSON (NOT ON ZOOM) MUST BE VACCINATED. ANYONE ENROLLED WHO CANNOT BE VACCINATED MUST MASK AND OBSERVE SOCIAL DISTANCING.
|Title of Class|
Time of Class
|Three Cold War Spy Novels|
Monday 9:30-11:30 am
|Microbes, Immune Responses, and Emerging Diseases|
Monday 1:30-3:30 pm
|The Cannon River Basin – its Rivers and Lakes: |
Historical, Scientific, and Contemporary Perspectives
Tuesday 9:30-11:30 am
|Mike Swift & Gary Wagenbach|
|Myths and Music of the 1960s|
Tuesday 1:30-3:30 pm – 4 weeks (Sept. 21, 28, Oct 5, 12)
|“Only Connect” – Two Novels by E.M. Forster and Their Film Versions|
Wednesday 9:30-11:30 am
|Explaining Riddles of Culture: “Cows, Pigs, Wars, and Witches”|
Wednesday 1:30-3:30 pm
|Christianity 2.0 – Jesus Reimagined|
Thursday 9:30-11:30 am
|Debating Moral Issues|
Thursday 1:30-3:30 pm
|A River Runs Through It|
Friday 9:30-11:30 am
- To provide a content-oriented study experience for elder students with senior faculty.
- CVEC focuses on a desire for a life-long learning.
- The courses of study are selected to provide rich academic experiences in the liberal arts.
- Most of these courses are informal, with learners actively participating in discussion.
- CVEC welcomes younger registrants (under 50) on a seat-available basis.
- Previous formal education is not a requirement.
- Class size is generally limited to 15-20.
- Most classes will meet 8 times, once per week.
- Classes are 2 hours per session.
- Financial assistance is available for registrants who cannot afford the fee.
- Students may withdraw from a course before the 2nd class meeting and request a refund.